Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sweet 16 Picks!

OK Folks. Back to the NCAA Tournament blogs. Before I get into my picks for the Sweet 16, we'll recap how I made out on Sunday. It would have been my worst round yet, had it not been for my Marquette pick. Special thanks to Purdue and Notre Dame for not showing up to play.

RECAP OF SUNDAY'S PICKS

#2 North Carolina over #7 Washington
#1 Duke over #8 Michigan
#1 Ohio State over #8 George Mason
#4 Texas over #5 Arizona
#3 Purdue over #11 Virginia Commonwealth
#11 Marquette over #3 Syracuse
#1 Kansas over #9 Illinois 
#2 Notre Dame over #10 Florida State  

PepeVibe's Overall Record: (36-12)

Now, on to Thursday and Friday games. Because there are only four games each day, I'm only giving you one blog for both days. I mean, who the hell wants to write up a long blog on a Friday (tomorrow). I have bigger plans, like visiting the kegerator and playing Madden. I'll re-blog again on Saturday morning with my picks for the Elite Eight. Hard to believe that after this weekend, we'll be down to our Final Four. Enjoy the games!

SWEET 16 PICKS (Thursday & Friday)

#3 UConn over #2 San Diego State
#2 Florida over #3 BYU
#1 Duke over #5 Arizona
#8 Butler over #4 Wisconsin

"Upsets" are highlighted. I put that in quotes because I'm sure that many people (perhaps a majority) are also picking UConn to beat SDSU. UConn is hot, and the Aztecs were pushed to the brink by Temple in the last round. I picked Butler in my bracket to advance to the Elite Eight, and I'm going to continue to ride the "I told you so" train. There will be schools (i.e. Tennessee) beating down Brad Stevens' door at the end of this season. 

In case you haven't paid any attention, this young buck to the far left is the Head Coach of Butler. His stock will be off the charts this offseason, coming off back-to-back deep tournament runs.
#2 North Carolina over #11 Marquette
#1 Kansas over #12 Richmond (hopefully by less than 10 points!)
#1 Ohio State over #4 Kentucky 
#11 Virginia Commonwealth over #10 Florida State 

Sorry upset fans. Not much to get excited about here. I'll be rooting hard for Marquette & Richmond on Friday night, but I don't know if either has enough to win. Richmond is my Capture Pool team (as you know), so I just need them to lose close in order to capture Kansas. Ohio State looks as though they are on another level than Kentucky. VCU-FSU is interesting in that it guarantees a double-digit seed will be in the Elite Eight. I feel as though Virginia Commonwealth has a bigger chip on their shoulder than does FSU, due to pre-tourney analysts saying they should not have been selected. They also have the underdog mid-major thing going on. 

"Show us some respect or I will ram you with my sweet hat" VCU is kicking ass and taking names. Let's see if they are the Cinderella that will advance from their game with #10 seed Florida State.

No comments:

Post a Comment